Monday, March 12, 2012

"Bonding" Time With Marshmallow

One of the important things when feeding Marsha is that after you're done, you need to keep her propped up vertically for 10-15 minutes to make sure that gravity helps the food make its way down to her belly.  When she was a young puppy, I carried her around on my hip like a young baby, but being close to 40 pounds, that's not as much an option.  While I traveled for work for a couple months, another foster home took Marsha right as she hit her growth spurt.  When they couldn't hold her any longer, they called their after-meal ritual bonding time, which I have adopted.  Marsha doesn't need to be standing; she just needs to be sitting upright.  So we climb into bed or on the sofa, and she sits in my lap while I'm Indian-style. As you can see from this picture, she really likes bonding time.  Right now, we are currently catching up on Grey's Anatomy on Netflix... she really likes McDreamy. 

Marsha's eating ritual is super simple, and this post-feeding "bonding" is a great time for us to spend time together just the two of us.  Just another wonderful thing about living with Marsha!

No comments:

Post a Comment